In today's world you can buy a Christmas any color you can think of! When I was growing up you had green and if you wanted white then you flocked it. I can remember this one Christmas that Mama wanted a white tree, so what she did was she wet the tree and took flour and dusted it over the tree. It looked like it had been out in the snow. Back then the lights on the tree got really hot so they made foil reflectors to go behind them. It made the lights seem brighter and more colorful.
We had a lot of Charlie Brown type Christmas trees, without very much under them! The one thing that we always had was love. We knew how much Mama and Daddy loved us!! I hope that you let your family and friends know how much you care about them.
I have friends who read my blogs to keep up with what is happening with me and I want each of you to know that I love you and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Front Porch Stories is a place where I go to talk about things from current events to stories from my past. I hope you stop by and read a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hunting Season....Use Caution
When I got up this morning there was a little chill in the air when I let the dog out. As I stood there I thought about all the cool mornin...
-
I gave it my best shot, but the powers that be know more about my needs and future than I. Therefore I am still working at the plant and do...
-
Making jelly is a time consuming process! You first have to pick your fruit, then prepare it depending on if you are making jelly or jam. ...
-
Every time I work out in the yard it make me think of my mom. She loved flowers and working outside. She taught us a lot about planting shr...
No comments:
Post a Comment